Wednesday 3 July 2013

Liam Corrigan's Blog Day 4 from Lisbon, Portugal

Refereeing team getting ready for action in Iber Cup

Well, what could have been another great day refereeing turned out to be nothing short of a sightseeing tour of the Coast in Portugal.
Both games were cancelled due to one team not turning up in the first, and both not turning up for the second. Firstly I had travelled to Carcavelos along the coast for the game. Only for it to be called off. I then jumped the train back and got a Taxi from the station to the Hotel. Then for my second game me and the two other English lads headed off to Fontainhas. Off, again.
The journey there was a right disaster due to not being able to find the right bus and when we did finally get the Bus we got off at the wrong stop. So my Spanish came into good use when bumping into a group of Spaniards to ask the way to the field. We got stopped by a man who we didn't really trust, he offered us a lift to the ground but we decided to walk being slightly wary. (Turns out he was the groundsman).
So we eventually made our way to the ground, belting out songs as we went, you name it we sung it! We then headed back to our hotel, stopping off at possibly the poshest Pick'N'Mix shop which I was massively pleased about!!
Tomorrow the knockout games start, so hopefully soon I shall receive an email with my name next to a game, we shall see...



No comments:

Post a Comment