Tuesday 26 March 2013

Craig Noone Returns to All Saints

Members of All Saints PE Media Team interviewing Cardiff City's Wing Wizard Craig Noone


On Monday 25th March Cardiff City winger and past All Saints pupil Craig Noone came into school to tell answer some questions from the PE media team. Asking the question were Year 12 student Connor Bennett and Year 8 pupil Jake Cowin. Both boys are looking at careers in journalism, and the lads had their first taste of interviewing a player on the cusp of joining the premier league with Welsh team Cardiff City.

Craig Noone is 25 years old and plays for Cardiff City in the NPower Championship. He is also a past pupil of All Saints.


1. Who is the best player you have played with ? Best player you’ve played against ?


The best player I have played with is Craig Bellamy at Cardiff. Best player I have played against is Steven Gerrard when I was at Brighton. Both are brilliant players.

2. Inspirations and Motivation for taking up Football? Any particular role models that have inspired you?

Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard are my inspirations and role models because I would watch them as I grew up and  I wanted to be like them.

3. What are your goals ?

My main goal is to play Premier League football regularly and play to the best of my ability. Being with Cardiff I have the chance to do both.


4.How is your training structured? What does a typical week look like for you?

Monday is training from 9:15 then in to the gym until 10. We then train until 12:30, finish, shower and lunch until 1. Tuesday is the same again. Wednesday is a rest day for the lads. Thursday is the same as the beginning of the week with training and Friday is match preparation for the Saturday.

5. What does a diet consist of in preparation for a game?

About 3 and a half hours before a game I will eat Chicken and pasta and vegetables for the energy needed for the game. Some lads have different routines and will eat beans on toast or poached eggs.

6. What do you like to read?  What is your favourite book?

I really like autobiographies and I have just finished Fabrice Muamba’s ‘I’m Still Standing’ and I really enjoyed reading that. I have read others like Steven Gerrard’s and Robbie Fowler’s and I thought them really insightful.

7. Favourite Music genre and favourite artist?

I’m into all sorts of music and bands. Currently I'm into Mumford and Sons and think their album is really good.

8. What is your proudest moment to date?

My proudest moments to date was getting promotion from League 1with Brighton to the Championship. Also, playing against Liverpool at Anfield was really special as I grew up going to watch the game there and I was actually playing there.

9. What does coming from Kirkby mean to you and what is good about it ?

Coming from Kirkby is special to me as my family and friends are from here. I grew up and went to school here and school was great. Whenever I get a chance I'm up here seeing everyone.

10. What is your favourite piece of Sports memorabilia ?

I have Steven Gerrard’s shirt from after the cup game at the Amex for Brighton and that was pretty special. I also have Jamie Carragher’s and Ashley Cole’s.
11. What is your favourite ever Football boots?

The first original pair of Adidas Predators, there was a big craze around about them when they were released and I wore them from when I was 16 till I was 22. I’ve only just moved to Adidas F50’s and they now sponsor me with boots and equipment.

12. What does it take to make it as a top professional football player ?

It takes dedication, commitment, hard work and perseverance. In my year at school there were a couple of lads better than me but they gave it up and I stuck at it and now I'm playing in the Championship, a few points off promotion to the Premier League. If you stick at it you will succeed and that’s what I did.


Pictured from left to right Yr 12 student Connor Bennett, Yr 8 pupil Jake Cowin, Craig Noone (Cardiff City), and Director of Sport Mr Volante.

Interview by correspondents

Connor Bennett Yr 12 & Jake Cowin Yr 8


No comments:

Post a Comment